Thursday, September 20, 2012

Cabbage Akki Rotti / Glutten free Cabbage Flat Bread


     Aaaaaahhhhh..... The well roasted aroma of the semi golden, gleaming Akki Rotti, tantalizing your senses, taking your taste buds to a whole new level..... That's what I missed the most, mom preparing  hot hot rotti's in the kitchen while my sister, brother and me chat away to glory, devouring one rotti after another....

      I betcha, all you cabbage haters to try this recipe, I cooked from Sia's MonsoonSpice.com and you'll grow to cherish this vegetable. Also cabbage is a good source of pro vitamin A, Vitamin C, fiber and is said to reduce the risk of colon or bowel cancer. But its best eaten in raw form as nutrients deplete on cooking.

     I followed Sia's recipe to a tee and it came out perfect. Its perfect for an unplanned breakfast, but the roasting does take a wee bit of time for that perfect crisp. Sia's pictures / photo tutorial gives a clear idea on preparing the batter. We enjoyed our Cabbage Akki Rotti, I hope u do urs too... :)

Recipe:
http://www.monsoonspice.com/2012/01/cabbage-akki-rotti-recipe-gluten-free.html






  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my Blog. Please leave your comment. All your inputs and constructive criticism are valuable to me. I hold the right to delete any comment that might be abusive, hate mails or spam.