Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Dill Dal / Dill Saaru

     Dill is known as Sabsige soppu in Kannada, Soya kura in Telugu, Savaa in Hindi, Sada Kuppi in Tamil, Shepu in Marathi. During Middle Ages people used Dill to defend against witchcraft and enchantments. However the Dill which is rich in Vitamin A & C  is no less enchanting to our body in providing relief to digestion problems, loss of appetite, liver and gall bladder complaints.

     Even though my Husband is not such a great fan of Dill, We loved the Dill Dal. I tried this recipe from MonsoonSpice.com. Thank you Sia, ur recipes and ur words are both soothing. Its a delight to visit ur Blog, with such amazing captures. This Dill Dal, with ghee and papad was a perfect lunch to relish. I followed her recipe to a tee without any tweaks and it was a blast. :)

Recipe:
http://www.monsoonspice.com/2007/03/dill-saarurasam-dill-potato-palya-and.html









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my Blog. Please leave your comment. All your inputs and constructive criticism are valuable to me. I hold the right to delete any comment that might be abusive, hate mails or spam.